December 10, 2023
PentoPix is an award-winning startup on a mission to democratize AI within the creative industries. Our groundbreaking creative tool, which converts text into editable 3D scenes and videos, is set to revolutionize the intersection of creativity and AI. With the belief that AI is a superpower, our passionate team is dedicated to putting this power into the hands of over 4,500 creatives. As a venture-backed company, recognized by SXSW and a leading oscar-qualifying content production house, PentoPix offers a dynamic and innovative environment for those who are enthusiastic about pushing the boundaries of AI and shaping the future of creative expression. Join us on our exhilarating journey to redefine the creative landscape and let your talent truly shine.
At PentoPix, we firmly believe in the principles of diversity and equality. We value jobseekers and our team members as individuals, recognizing the unique strengths and talents they bring to our organization. We embrace diversity, and regardless of one's background, race, gender, sexuality, or ability, we extend a warm welcome to everyone who wants to join our team. We wholeheartedly believe that our people are our most valuable asset, and our commitment to inclusivity ensures that each member can thrive and contribute their best to our business.
- PentoPix, a vibrant and innovative company with a diverse and dynamic team, is seeking a talented Frontend React engineer to join our remote tech team and play a pivotal role in transforming content creation. The ideal candidate is driven, possesses relevant experience in the field, and shares our passion for the film, media & gaming industry. The Frontend Developer will be responsible for the design and development of the user interface of our platform, implementation of new features and ensuring that our users are addicted to using PentoPix in their storytelling. This is a front-end-oriented position, but we want you to be comfortable with at least basic back-end concepts, so the ability to work both on front- and back-end of our application is important. Our technical stack is: Python, React, node.js, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, AWS.
- HTML, CSS
- 3+ years of experience in front-end engineering roles (preferably in a startup but not a deal breaker);
- Understanding of responsiveness, TailwindCSS, CSS Grid, Flexbox, etc.
- Performing Tests and Debugging using testing frameworks like Jest, Karma, or Jasmine in a Test-Driven Environment (TDD) and helping establish development, testing, and best practices across the organization.
- Experience working with NoSQL, GraphQL and REST APIs.
- Experience with the centrally managed state (Redux) / context-api;
- Experience with data structuring libraries (Immutable.js / Immer);
- Experience optimising the performance of front-end applications;
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components, including appropriate testing
- Experience writing clean, performant, and testable front-end code
- Experience integrating 3rd party tools and libraries
- Good level of spoken and written English.
Nice to have:
- Experience writing GraphQL queries and mutations
- Experience with Material-UI and Formik
- Experience with Cypress
- Experience building custom text editors like -- Draft.js, TipTap, Prosemirror
- Collaborative editing (Y.js, Hocuspocus)
- Building Video Timeline Editors like Veed.io or Remotion
What's in it for you:
- Become a frontend master as part of our amazing Frontend Engineering team.
- Improve your skills and learn from top-notch engineers.
- Tackle tough problems and find creative ways to solve them.
- Push your code to build the future of movie-making.
- Work on cutting-edge technologies and become an industry leader.
- In short: This is an awesome opportunity for someone who has been a developer on a full-stack application for 2 or more years. We are developing a front-end intensive SaaS application that already has thousands of business users on waiting list and is growing rapidly day by day.
- Reward: We offer a competitive financial package which includes competitive salary and a contributory pension scheme.
- Remote working: Our team is remote and we fully embrace it. With employees located in different time zones, we embrace asynchronous work and ensure that everything we do reflects the hybrid nature of our culture, where everyone feels included.
- Flexible working hours: You can choose when to start / finish your day.
- Training: Learning and development is an important pillar of our culture and there are plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and grow.
- Fun stuff: We hang out, both virtually and in-person. Team get-togethers, dinners, parties, you name it.
Ready to elevate your career? Click 'Apply Now' and take the next step towards a brighter future with us!Apply Now
Fill out this form, and we will forward your information to the hiring manager!