At PentoPix, we believe that every great story deserves to be told, and we want to help you bring your vision to life. We're calling on all talented writers and directors to submit stories to our contest and get noticed by the biggest players in the industry.
Are you looking to get your foot in the door and break into the competitive entertainment industry?
Do you have a great story and are searching for funding?
Have you started developing the script and are seeking for a co-production partner?
PentoPix Challenge is your chance to get noticed! Our competition provides a unique opportunity for up-and-coming writers and directors to get their projects in front of the right people. Whether you are working solo or have a small team, just finished writing or already started the preproduction - PentoPix Challenge is for you! Bring the right people on board, get noticed and raise funding for your story.
The competition will take place in Los Angeles, the hub of the entertainment industry, giving you the chance to network and make valuable connections. We will arrange virtual participation for those unable to attend in person.
Three winners will be selected and announced at LA #TechWeek event on June 7th, 2023. This is your opportunity to present your story to industry leaders, putting you in the spotlight! Submit your script to PentoPix Challenge today, and let's bring your story to life together. Applications close on June 1st, 2023!
Applications close on June 1st
Get noticed by some of the biggest studios and production houses in the industry, network and make valuable connections in LA and beyond.
PentoPix will help to put you on the map!
That's not all! The winners get 1 year free on PentoPix - visualise, storyboard, preproduce and market your story, from script to 3D scenes to video in minutes. Don't miss out on this unique opportunity – apply today and bring your story to life!
Applications close on June 1st 2023.
Why apply for PentoPix Challenge?
01. Present your story
03. PentoPix 1 year free
02. Get funding
Please review PentoPix Challenge rules and guidelines. Any submission that does not comply with challenge rules may be disqualified.
1. You have to be over 18 years of age on the date of submission to participate. In case of a group submission, each member must be over the age of 18.
2. Contestants from all countries are welcome to enter the contest; however, all scripts must be submitted in English. Entry in the competition is void where prohibited by law.
3. Scripts/stories must be the original work of the author(s), and on the date of submission the work must be wholly owned and controlled by the author(s).
4. You can submit a script and/or story already in development. Submission can be done either solo or as a crew. You must ensure you have all the intellectual property right to the project, script or story you submit.
5. Only original screenplays and teleplays are eligible for awards. Novels, short stories, stage plays, treatments, synopses, reality show concepts and spec scripts for existing TV series are not accepted in the contest.
6. Adaptations of books, plays, or any other source material are eligible only if you have all film and television rights to the property.
7. Submissions must be transmitted electronically on or before 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on June 1st 2023. Any script submitted after that will be disqualified.
8. Once a script has been entered into the competition, we may accept substitutions of new drafts or corrected pages, considering these are submitted before the deadline. If you wish to submit a revised draft of your screenplay, please email email@example.com with the title “PentoPix Challenge - [Project Name]”.
9. We will only share your script with the judges and your script will not be published in the public domain. If you are selected for the finals, you will be asked to present your story in front of film studios and production houses. While we will do our best to protect your intellectual property, we recommend that you register your script. You can register your script with the U.S. Copyright Office and/or with the WGA. As disinterested third parties, these services provide a dated record of your claim to authorship.
10. Decisions of the Judges are final and may not be disputed. Our Judges are instructed and agree to evaluate scripts in an anonymous and unbiased way; however, the PentoPix challenge and its administrators may not be held responsible for any errors or omissions on the part of the Judges.